3 Questions Every Homebuyer Should AskMarch 26 2019Want to take the pain out of homebuying? Keep your lifestyle priorities top of mind.If you’re planning to buy a new home, there’s great news:
3 Benefits Of Knowing Your Neighbors
Dated: January 8 2015
1. Safety. Neighborhoods where people know one another tend to be safer than those where people are strangers. Friendly neighbors might feel more comfortable notifying authorities if they see suspicious activity.
• Starting a neighborhood watch program.
• Keeping an eye on your neighbor's house while they are out of town.
2. Sharing. Tight-knit neighbors are more likely to share resources, whether it's a hammer or extra goodies from the garden.
• Helping your elderly neighbors with yard work, snow removal or tasks around the house.
• Taking dinner to a neighbor who is under the weather or who just had a baby.
3. Social Support. People with strong social ties are not only happier, they also tend to live longer.
• Organizing a block party or potluck dinner to get to know your neighbors.
• Smiling and waving at your neighbors when they pass by your house.
3 Ways to Be a Better Neighbor
1. Be Friendly. A little small talk goes a long way. Say "hello" to your neighbors, and try to get to know them.
2. Be Considerate. If you share walls with your neighbors, be aware of the noise that your appliances, gadgets and animals make, especially if your neighbor has a different work schedule from you. And, be sure to keep it down after 9 or 10 pm.
3. Keep your place tidy. Whether you live in an apartment, a subdivision or in a rural area, it's important to keep your property in good shape. Sweep your doorway, pick up litter and mow your lawn.
DID YOU KNOW:
65% of Americans do favors for their neighbors.
43% of Americans speak to their neighbors at least a few times a week.
Source: Good Magazine Infographic: Do You Know Your Neighbor
Lifetime resident of Charlotte with over 15 years of extensive general brokerage real estate sales, investor portfolio services, fix to flip, buy and hold, and new construction sales. I pride myse....
Latest Blog Posts
Dream Destinations: 25 Places to Retire, Relocate, Relax We’ve rounded up 25 of the dreamiest places to retire, relocate, and relax from the mountains to the coast. written by OUR STATE
7 Personal Finance Lessons from the Government Shutdown by Trent HammUpdated on 01.29.19 The government shutdown is over. Government workers have returned to their jobs